Wednesday, July 16, 2014

SA:On the Road:Festivals ’14:Pioneerifestivaali

Saturday 12.7.2014-Pioneerirock, Koria, Finland
Oh yeah another hot summer day here in Finland and what better way to enjoy it than in the train ? Left from Kemi at 0746 and we’ll be in Kouvola at 1622, you do the math ;-) We’ll be going on stage at 2300 which would be perfect but the bronze medal game in the World Cup is starting at the same time so I’m gonna miss the Brazil-Holland game, or at least the first 60 minutes…other than that I think tonight will be great. Spent the time on the train with books,magazines and noodling with the computer and my phone….upon arrival we went to the hotel for a nap and a rest and at around 1900 the bus picked us up to the festival. As we had around 4 hours to kill before the show I focused on playing games on my phone and eating chips ;-) At some point our time was up (luckily) and during the show there were no accidents so all was well…during our final bow a massive firework started….it was a bit (=totally) of a surprise since nobody told us there would be one, nevertheless it was of course very cool and a couple of us (guess who?) decided to go out for a couple of drinks afterwards….since we arrived into the city quite late we didn’t have that much time…which in retrospect might have been for the better.Oh, and of course I watched the recap of the bronze medal game @ World Cup….. :-(

Sunday 13.7.2014-Travel Day
Up at 0700 and to the train via breakfast. Another 9 hours to kill before getting home and starting to prepare for the World Cup final….see you next weekend in Sotkamo.

cheers,

Henkka

12 comments:

  1. what are you reading at the moment? :)

    ....when you said "guess who?" I had a weird moment because my brain immediately went "duh, you and Make"....and then it caught up. It's still kind of weird sometimes, I'm so used to you two being inseparable. So I'm gonna guess you and Elias ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello :)
    This may sound weird to you ,but there is something I would like to offer to you. My mum is a huge fan of Sonata Arctica and also a professional baker, she bakes cakes (she's the Czech Republic champion :) ). She would love to offer you a Sonata Arctica themed cake when you come to the Czech Republic on the 2nd of August :)
    What do you think about that idea? Would there be a possibility to give it to you?
    Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's a wonderful idea, however I have no idea how to set that up since it's a festival and depending on the organizers it may or may not work out. Since I would hate to have you and your mum stuck outside of the gates with your cake or something I would suggest that we'll give the cake thing another shot next spring ? We'll be touring in Europe but unfortunately I have no idea at the moment if we're coming to the Czech Republic.....anyways the offer is very nice and highly appreciated, thanks & cheers !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, okay, no problem :) It would be our honor to bake you a cake, so for now, I can't wait for the spring tour :)
      You are all very welcome :)

      Delete
    2. Ummm... I have no idea if I'm too late with this and if Lucie will read that before the show... but I read yesterday that there will be a Meet & Greet at that festival? Or autogram session or whatever... at least it says so on the site of the festival: http://www.ostravavplamenech.cz/index.php?page=default-extensions
      Maybe it could be possible to smuggle a cake in there? :-)

      PS: Lucie... I'm almost thinking about taking a detour to Czech Republic the next time I visit my parents in Bavaria, just to try some awesome Sonata cake. Though it really might not survive the trip back home to the other side of Germany xD

      Delete
    3. Well, those cakes are good for a week, so I am sure it would somehow survive the road, especially if you have one of those cool boxes for food :D
      Hey, no problem, just let me know and you can have your own Sonata cake ;)

      Delete
  4. Woah, another tour through Europe next spring? Yays, maybe I'll get another chance to see you :-)
    I second HMQ's question, what are you reading? :D Btw, I started watching TPB, I can see where you like it... do you know My Name Is Earl? Think you would like that too.

    @Lucie: I'll take an SA cake or tips on how to make one any time! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah we're working on an European Tour for next spring, we'll of course let y'all know as soon as there are some facts to tell. I'm reading the Steve Jobs book, I started it around a year or so ago an just found it in my bag some weeks ago and realized that I hadn't finished it....regarding MNIE I've watched some of it but it's kinda blah...I think. Some funny stuff but not my favourite.

      Delete
    2. We would gladly give you SA cake, but I am afraid it wouldn't survive the road :D

      Delete
    3. That's nice to hear, thanks! :-)
      I don't think it would be any use telling you that the Zakk in Dusseldorf would be a suitable venue for you? To be honest, I have no idea what it's actually like, but other bands that played in the same venues you do also play there... but I've no idea how that is working so... yeah. Just leaving that here.

      Delete
    4. Yeah a cake never survives too long on the road ;-) The Zakk ? Well pretty much nothing I can do about it so you're right but it never hurts to throw it out there.

      Delete
  5. Now you're making me want to make you guys a giant lasagna next time you play in Tampere.....LOL

    ReplyDelete